Crowns and bridges are prosthetics that improve and restore the health of your mouth, dental function, or appearance. They are permanently affixed to existing teeth or implants, and can’t be removed. If you are looking to restore your natural looking smile, you can read on about dental crowns and bridges to see whether this treatment is right for you. Our dentist in Hamilton is more than happy to answer any questions you may have before getting starting
What is a Dental Crown?
A crown is a tooth-shaped prosthetic that fits over a damaged tooth. It’s used to strengthen and rebuild a damaged tooth, approve tooth appearance or alignment. Crowns are functional, meaning you can eat normally without damaging the crown.
There are many reasons your dentist might suggest a crown:
- Protect a weakened tooth at risk of fracture
- Restore a broken or decayed tooth
- Attach or cover a dental bridge
- Replace a filling with there isn’t enough existing tooth remaining
- Cover a misshapen or poorly formed tooth
- Improve cosmetic appearance
- Cover a tooth that’s had a root canal